Consultation Sessions at PEDA
During PEDA’s 2020 Spring Legislative Conference, Hans Meeder, President of the National Center for College and Career Transitions, will be giving a keynote address focusing on key trends and dynamics in developing talent and the value of regional collaboration.
In addition to his keynote address, Mr. Meeder will be available to speak with regional teams about talent and skills development, the process for creating regional coalitions and, more generally, improving collaboration.
Time slots of 45 minutes, as listed below, are available for each of these regional team meetings. You can introduce your team members, ask questions of Mr. Meeder about how to get a coalition started, how to re-engineer and reinvigorate existing efforts in your region, etc. These meetings will be skills focused and, though no advance preparation or documentation is needed, please be prepared to talk about your region’s key industry sectors and high-priority occupations, who some of the important stakeholders are and any other information you believe would be valuable.
Scheduling Your Appointment
Regional team meetings will take place at the Hilton Harrisburg. The following time slots are currently available on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 though, if demand dictates, additional meetings may be added on the morning of Wednesday, April 22, 2020.
Appointment time slots will be assigned on a rolling basis. As spaces are reserved, PEDA will consider requestors’ preferences in an effort to best meet their needs, though no guarantees can be made. Please note that an appointment is not considered confirmed until / unless a confirmation email has been received from PEDA.
To claim one of the appointment time slots, please email Josh Skopp at email@example.com and provide the following information.
- From the following options, please list your “1st Choice”, “2nd Choice” and “3rd Choice” of the time slots that would definitely work for your group.
- Tuesday, 4/21/20 10:30 am – 11:15 am
- Tuesday, 4/21/20 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- Tuesday, 4/21/20 1:30 pm – 2:15 pm
- Tuesday, 4/21/20 2:30 pm – 3:15 pm
- Tuesday, 4/21/20 3:30 pm – 4:15 pm
- Tuesday, 4/21/20 4:30 pm – 5:15 pm
- PEDA will consider the individual requesting the appointment to be his or her team’s sole point of contact and any communications regarding this meeting will be sent to this individual. With this understanding, provide your name, job title, organization, phone number and email address.
- Provide the names, titles, organizations and email addresses of the other individuals who will attend the meeting.
- Please identify the region which will be represented during your meeting (e.g., South Central WIB, etc.).
Note: PEDA continually strives to engage subject matter experts in areas of interest and import to our members and partners. With these meetings focusing on regions’ key industry sectors, high priority occupations and opportunities to improve collaboration, it is important to also recognize the impactful work being done through the Commonwealth’s Next Generation Industry Partnerships (Next Gen IPs). Through Next Gen IPs, businesses are partnering to build stronger, more competitive industries through training, networking, recruitment and collaboration to raise career and industry awareness. More information regarding Next Gen IPs can be found here.
Details of these meetings are subject to change.