PEDA is your connection to professional opportunities in the economic development industry in Pennsylvania. Our Career Center provides an effective and economical service capable of connecting job seekers with new opportunities.
Job postings, which cost $75 for members and $100 for non-members, will remain active for three (3) months or until a position has been filled, whichever occurs first. To have an opportunity posted, please send it to email@example.com in WORD format.
Note: PEDA reserves the right to make minor revisions to job postings for purposes of accessibility.
Grant Compliance Analyst, Tetra Tech, (Drexel Hill, PA)
Economic Development Associate, Delta Development Group, Inc., (Camp Hill, PA)
Manager, Business Attraction & Expansion, The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia, (Philadelphia, PA)
Economic Development Asset Manager, National Development Council, (Brooklyn, NY)
Economic Development Manager, Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation, (Carlisle, PA)
Vice President of Economic Development, The Chamber of Business & Industry of Centre County, (State College, PA)
The Tampa Hillsborough EDC is an independent, non-profit organization, with a staff of 21 highly motivated professionals driving economic development strategies in Hillsborough County, the commercial hub of Tampa Bay with a population of 1.2 million.
Position: Vice President, Business Development
Summary of Responsibilities
The Vice President of Business Development is responsible for developing and executing a plan to drive new job creation, capital investment along with export sales to help position Hillsborough County as one of the leading business destinations in the country. The Vice President manages three departments including – Business Recruitment; Retention & Expansion & International Business and works regularly with key partners of the EDC, including state and local governments, state and regional economic development organizations, and core partners in Hillsborough County.
This key executive will join a management team of three people (President/CEO, VP of Marketing/Communications and VP of Finance/Administration) who drive the future growth and success of this ambitious, energetic and aggressive organization.
· Collaborate with the President/CEO and other Vice Presidents to ensure we are setting, re-setting and meeting the organization’s strategic goals
· Develop annual strategic plan, with specific goals and metrics, and report progress monthly to President/CEO and other vice presidents
· Manage and execute the EDC’s business development efforts to achieve job creation and capital investment goals
· Create and foster relationships with most influential national site selection consultants, local commercial realtors and developers, and the top employers in Hillsborough County
· Design and implement specific project management procedures to ensure efficient and effective pipeline management
· Directly manage the highest value and most complex attraction and expansion projects
· Provide leadership in the organization’s efforts with business climate issues, including, but not limited to, incentives modeling, workforce development strategies, and marketing initiatives
· Review all incentive applications and supporting documentation from the Business Development team, make adjustments and verify accuracy, prior to submission to government partners
· Plan, execute, and track (via trip reports and Salesforce) the EDC’s domestic business development plan, including outbound events and inbound FAM tours
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
· Exhibits strong executive presence as reflected by behavior, appearance, demeanor and posture
- · Must be proven manager of people, processes and issues, with attention to detail
- · Has executive, strategic and long-term critical thinking capacity
- · Successful direct experience cultivating site selection consultants, multipliers and direct corporate attraction prospects and successfully closing significant projects
- · History of being resourceful and creative, and proactively creating opportunities
- · Proven ability to successfully work through complex issues and projects
- · Experience with developing and effectively managing budgets
- · Strong public speaking and written communications skills
- Knowledge of incentive models used to recruit and expand business
- Demonstrated ability to establish working relationships with local businesses, community leaders, and local associations to promote economic development efforts
- Ability to work within a network of allies and partners to manage effective business, community and government relationships
- Exemplary skills in leadership, interpersonal relations, and ethics
- Considerable knowledge of proven economic development marketing and communication strategies
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in business, marketing, finance or management preferred
- Prefer seven years’ experience working in economic development and five years in a supervisory role
- Occasional travel for meetings or to attend seminars, conferences and/or trade shows
- Evening and weekend work will be required
- · Equal Opportunity Employer
Market leading compensation and benefits package offered commensurate with experience.
For consideration, please submit resume to:
RDG Search Consultants